Happy New Year Everyone!
It’s a New Year with new opportunities to be creative!
With that in mind, A Needle and Thread is here to help you to achieve your sewing and quilting goals, and we have something for everyone. We are excited and honored to give you all the help you need to be successful. This new year has begun with several new things happening in our shop.
We have a new website up and running for your convenience. There you'll find information about us and what we do. You'll also be able to see and sign up for classes directly from the website and, coming soon, you'll be able to purchase patterns, notions and fabric directly from our site.
Patterns and Fabrics:
As we grow, we are always on the look out for great patterns, notions and fabrics. Check back often to see what new products we have in stock. And remember, if there is anything that you are looking for that you don't see on our site, please let us know. We are always open to suggestions and want to help you in any way we can!
This month we are offering several classes to meet a variety of sewing needs. More details about each class can be found on our website.
- Beginning Sewing - this class is offered to children ages 9 years and older as well as adults.
- Beginning Quilting - The ability to sew straight lines on a sewing machine is the pre-requisite for this class.
- Binding and Finishing Your Quilt - I will take the mystery out of the binding process by teaching how to easily bind your quilt on your machine. This class comes with a binding tool.
- T-Shirt Quilting - You will learn the basics of making a t-shirt quilt by first making a t-shirt pillow.
- Twister Tool - This tool is wonderful for creating quick projects that look more complicated than they actually are. Each student receives the tool with the class.
- Free Motion Quilting - Learn to do more than just stitch-in-the-ditch.
- Foundation Paper Piecing - Learn the basics of this technique by making a small seasonal project.
- Long Arm Quilting - Really release your creativity by learning to quilt on the long arm machine! By taking this class, you will be able to rent time on our shop machine to quilt your own quilts.
As you review our classes, think about which class will allow you to get started on your sewing journey or to advance to the next level. Remember that we work with your schedule, so scheduling your class will fit your needs. In order to give you individualized attention, our class size is kept small from 1 to 4 students only. Each class will be repeated to accommodate those who would like to participate. For your convenience, you can schedule class time directly from our new website or contact us in the shop.
Give us a call if you have questions or let us know if there is a skill you would like to learn which is not offered.
We are here to help you, and would like to be your sewing resource.
Erica & Cecile
A Needle and Thread